Our yearbooks are on sale now! There are two ways to order your 2013-2014 copy of our LME yearbook:
- Place a check (made payable to LaRue Miller Elementary), money order, or cash into the yearbook envelope with student name and homeroom teacher.
- Visit http://www.topoftexasprinting.com to click on “buy your yearbook.” Tax will be charged and the online option will only be available until Dec. 20th.
We are also having our traditional LME Yearbook Cover Design Contest open to all LME students. Guidelines to enter this contest are:
- Design must be submitted on white 7.5 x 8 inch paper. Mrs. Story has the paper ready for pick-up.
- Design must include the year 2013 – 2014.
- On the back of the design, please include first and last name, grade, and teacher name (written lightly in pencil).
- Design cannot be stapled or folded.
The winner of the yearbook cover contest wins a free yearbook! Design are due to Mrs. Story, yearbook sponsor, by Friday, November 1st!
Red Ribbon Week is our annual drug awareness campaign and this year we are STANDING UP Against Drugs at LME. Please make note of the following themes each day:
- Mon; Oct. 28: Seriously, Don’t Do Drugs! (wear silly socks)
- Tues; Oct. 29: STAND UP For Your Friends (making friendship bracelets)
- Wed; Oct. 30: Don’t Let Drugs SNEAK UP on You! (wear bright sneakers)
- Thurs; Oct. 31: Be a STAND UP Character; Show Your Good Character! (dress like you favorite book character). This is also Fall Party Day at LME!
- Fri; Nov. 1: STAND UP For Your Future! (wear your favorite college or team shirt)
Finally, our PTO is sponsoring a special Trunk or Treat Event this week on Thurs; Oct. 24th, in conjunction with our Family Book Fair Night Event. Trunks will be decorated and ready in the front parking area @ 6:30 p.m. The Book Fair will be open from school dismissal until 7:30 p.m. for our families to stop, read a great book, and shop (the holidays are just around the corner, you know!) 🙂 The weather should be great, so please stop by for some family fun and fellowship!