Panther PINK-Out on Friday, Oct. 18th: Join us in the war on cancer by wearing your PINK-Out shirt all day.
Midlothian Chamber of Commerce Fall Festival on Saturday, Oct. 19th from 9:00 to 4:00 at the MISD Multipurpose Stadium: Vendors, food, festivities, and family fun ensue following the 5K Fun Run (racers need to be registered and ready to run @ 8:00 a.m.).
The Book Fair is coming; the Book Fair is coming: LME will host our annual fall Book Fair Oct. 21-25 (next week). Family Book Fair Night is next Thurs; Oct. 24 with the library being open from 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Trunk or Treat on Thurs; Oct. 24th: LME PTO is hosting this first-ever family fun time following the brief PTO meeting @ 6:30 p.m. Join us in the staff parking lot area, dressed in costume, to receive treats from each of the decorated trunks. Let’s fill the parking lot with decorated trunks and lots of friends!
School Bus Safety Week is October 21 – 25: Join us in recognizing and honoring our wonderful bus drivers and the work they do in MISD.
Red Ribbon Week: October 28 – Nov. 1 is STAND UP Against Drugs Week in MISD! Each day carries a new theme:
- Monday: Seriously, don’t do drugs (wear silly socks).
- Tuesday: STAND UP for your friends (make friendship bracelets).
- Wednesday: Don’t let drugs SNEAK up on you (wear bright sneakers).
- Thursday: Be a STAND UP Character and show your good character (dress like a favorite book character–this is also a party day).
- Friday: STAND UP for your future (wear your favorite college shirt and gear to support your team of choice).
Fresh Fruit Fridays: Our CATCH Committee is once again instituting fresh fruit Fridays to encourage everyone to bring fresh fruit for snacks.
These are just a few of the many school and community family opportunities to KNOW and GO. You are encouraged to subscribe to our LME Newsboard by emailing Kimberly_Huff@ midlothian-isd.net for daily updates on all events. Here’s hoping we see you soon! 🙂