A group of clever learners joined me briefly today in a round-table session on strategies they were discussing concerning the best ways to be mentally tough at school and in life. They were inspired to tackle this challenge because of a discussion their classroom leader (who wishes to remain anonymous) shared about ways to prepare for a test or any challenging situation in life. Here’s a short synopsis of their many comments:
- Learn from your mistakes and don’t fear them; they teach you lessons too.
- Remember CAN’T never did anything worthwhile.
- When you face a mean person or comment, stay positive anyway.
- Tune out the bad stuff and concentrate on the good stuff.
- Picture your success and you will find it.
- Focus your energy and power on today, right now!
- When you doubt yourself, look in the mirror and tell yourself “I CAN!”
- If you feel alone, think of all the people who have helped you along the way.
- Focus on what you can control and let go of the other stuff.
- Remember to smile, have fun, greet others, and enJOY life—we only have one to live!
- Remember that impossible really means, “I’m possible!”
WOW…what insightful, thought-provoking, inspiring words to live by everyday! Here’s hoping you remember to stay mentally tough in your special way everyday! 🙂
Note: We hope you join us Thursday evening this week for the 1st Grade program @ 7:00.