It’s an exciting time…the office is buzzing with new families enrolling, packages and boxes of supplies arriving, the phones ringing, and lots of fun conversations (just to name a few). Teachers are arriving early to work in classrooms and design engaging lessons for learners. We officially start “staff meetings” on Tuesday morning next week, but we could almost start school today the building is so full (remember, I said almost…). 🙂
In preparation for the big day on Monday, August 26th, here are a few items to consider:
- Go online to complete your child’s registration packet of updated information with your child’s code (see previous blog and links).
- Start the daily routines now with a set bedtime; rest is critical and “banking” some extra rest now will help when the reality of routine kicks in later.
- Explore healthy meal and snack options for school days; busy brains need great fuel! What about those important after-school snacks too?
- Check out the MISD Dress Code so there are no surprises. Get those hair cuts scheduled too.
- Pick a special shirt, pair of socks, sneakers, or another clothing item for the first day of school–everyone likes a little something special that very first day (hint, hint, Mr. Van). 🙂
- Finally, talk about school, set up a homework area, and pack up the backpack.
We look forward an extraordinary year, Team Miller! As a new young friend said today, “Let’s get it started!” 🙂
Meet the Teacher Night is next Thursday, August 22…HS – 2nd grade from 5:30-6:15 and 3rd-5th grades from 6:15-7:00. See you then!
D…ALL of the above is the correct answer! 🙂
Chico’s, Nordstrom, or Coldwater Creek? Or D All of the Above?
Sent from my iPhone