There are multiple opportunities to volunteer, mentor, and participate in our learning community daily…being involved is a special part of the LME family experience after all! One unique daily opportunity involves our DADs (Dads Assisting Daily) during morning arrival. If you can smile, shake hands, give high-fives, share positive words of morning encouragement, and help others get their school day going, then we need you! Come by any morning about 7:15, get your badge from the front office, and join the safety patrol and staff members on duty until 7:45 a.m. to meet and greet our learning community. We run two drop-off lines each morning for convenience and we need you! Special thanks to Dale McCaskill who started this great program three years ago (even though the boys have moved on, come by to join us or drive thru and sing to us anytime). Thanks to our new SRO, Officer Ray Hall, for assisting each week as your schedule allows too.
Just like our enrollment, we look forward to growing this program even more in the year ahead!
It’s National Volunteer Month and we’re celebrating in a big way here at LME! Tomorrow is our big Miller Volunteer Rally of Thanks. Parents, grandparents, and community members are joining us for our usual Friday Miller Rally followed by a special breakfast with entertainment and treats. It’s our simple way of saying a huge THANKS for all the support, smart work, assistance, and love our volunteers provide daily to our learning community. Why, just today, we had 29 volunteers in our LME hallways hanging over 3,600 pieces of artwork (several for each child) in anticipation of our big Fine Arts Show and Gallery next week! WHEW!
Our learners are excited to share their thanks and our staff is blessed and grateful for volunteer assistance everyday! Here’s hoping you thank a volunteer in your life today because, as one young friend noted, “Volunteers are vital, Mrs. Van!” 🙂
It’s National Volunteer Week and we celebrate each year in a big way here at LME! Our annual volunteer salute and luncheon is tomorrow (and I’ll share more then), but learners and their classroom leaders have been preparing tributes, decorations, surprises, and food for the past week. I stopped by several classrooms this week to ask this vital question: What is a volunteer?
- Volunteers helps us do math all the time.
- They are reading buddies and mystery readers.
- This one lady offers help in the cafe during lunch.
- They throw us great parties and events with games and give us treats to share with others.
- They get really dirty with our class projects and hang our artwork for others to enjoy.
- They raise money for our school and all the children get to spend it.
- Volunteers are a mystery because it’s a mystery why they want to volunteer.
- They teach us when my teacher has to go to the bathroom.
- They never get paid except in hugs and smiles from everyone.
- They aren’t paid because they’re worthless but because they’re priceless. 🙂
While these are just a few of the responses, I think you get the idea. We could NEVER do our daily work here at LME without the time, talents, gifts, and service of our 300+ volunteers each year. From our active PTO to our DADS program to our weekly/daily helpers who spend countless hours assisting in classrooms, we salute you and thank you…volunteers are vital!