A group of fifth grade writers meet monthly to ponder life, share ideas, and enJOY general conversation about all manner of topics. We sat down before the holiday break to reflect on our new resolutions, one word goals, and more…our chance to start fresh, leave the past behind, and move forward in a positive way. The interesting consensus of the group during this discussion was how a new year takes great courage, strong conviction, and a growth mindset to move forward because the best is yet to come!
1. Stop telling everyone everything on social media. Leave some things to chance and imagination.
2. Stop comparing yourself to others and worrying about what others think. March to your own drummer and the positive path you create.
3. Stop focusing on self and more on others; help others and be good to each other…kindness matters! (#LoveServeCare) 🙂
4. Stop making everything a competition in life. Compete with your best self and not with others. Make your choices, accept responsibly, and deal with the consequences (good and bad) of your choices.
5. Stop being like others; own who you are, where you are, and tell YOUR story in a caring manner. There is only one “YOUnique” you… 🙂
6. Stop fearing failure; no one has it all figured out because nothing in life is perfect, especially on the first time. Failures bring powerful clarity and change in the most positive way; embrace failure to find personal success.
I think they’re on to something grand as we close out 2014 and move boldly forward in 2015 at LME! Here’s hoping you create your own STOP list as the new year begins. Happy New Year! 🙂