A group meets periodically to ponder life, gather ideas, and share general conversation about all manner of interests. As we sat down to reflect upon the past year and project our thoughts forward to new goals, the overwhelming consensus of the group was how a new year takes great courage, strong conviction, and a growth mindset to move forward! During the course of our conversation, we also noted how important it is to STOP doing certain things no longer in our best interest and START doing more interesting things in the best ways… here’s a sample:
1. STOP telling everyone everything on social media. START leaving some things to chance and imagination.
2. STOP comparing yourself to others and worrying about what others think. START marching to your own drummer and the positive path you create.
3. STOP focusing on self and more on others. START helping others and be nice to everyone because kindness matters.
4. STOP making everything a competition in life. START competing only with your best self (not with others). Make your choices, be accountable, accept responsibility, and deal with the consequences (good and bad) of your choices.
5. STOP being like others. START owning who you are, where you are, and tell YOUR story in a caring manner. There is only one “YOUnique” you…
6. STOP fearing failure; no one has it all figured out because nothing in life is perfect, especially on the first time. Failures bring powerful clarity and change in the most positive way! START embracing failure to find personal success.
The list goes on, but you get the general idea. So, what’s on your STOP and START list this new year? What are those few items you will commit to STOP and START each day throughout the year? Here’s hoping 2017 amazes and blesses you in the most extraordinary ways! Happy New Year!