As we gathered together with family and friends to share in thankful celebration this past week, these words of my Granny B. reminded me of the real blessings in life:
May you always have enough…
- happiness to keep you sweet,
- trials to keep you strong,
- sorrows to keep you human,
- hope to keep you JOYful,
- failure to keep you humble,
- success to make you eager,
- friends to give you comfort,
- wealth to meet your needs,
- enthusiasm to look for tomorrow,
- faith to banish worry, and
- determination to make each day better than before!
It is important to teach our children to share and embrace the gratitudes of daily life (along with the necessary coping skills to deal with life too). Allowing their “busy hands” to assist, to explore, and to share in the work builds strong character traits (like trust, respect, responsibility, service and more).
Thanks for walking the journey with us; thanks for sharing your most valuable blessing, your child, with us! It’s the start of the holiday season but may we always remember to focus on our priorities and remember we always have enough…